- We obtain information from you directly, from your transactions with us, and from third parties such as state motor vehicle departments.
- We do not and will not sell your personal information.
- Any third parties who perform services for us (such as our website support and IT Team) are required to safeguard any personal information that they process on our behalf and may only use it to perform those services.
- We use technical (such as encryption and cybersecurity software and hardware) and organizational measures (such as password access to records) to secure and limit access to your information.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Non-public personally identifiable information ("Information") is information that identifies you and is not available to the general public. The following sections tell you more about how and when we collect your Information. Note that we do not conduct business in the State of California.
INFORMATION WE OBTAIN FROM YOU
During the quoting, application, or claims handling processes you may give us Information such as your:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Social Security number
- Driver's license number
- Date of birth
If you give us your email address, ELMWOOD AGENCY may use it from time to time to notify you of such things as billing, send copies of policies and other communications, new services, special offers, or to confirm transactions. If you do not wish to be contacted by email for non-policy related communications, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions at the bottom of any ELMWOOD AGENCY email you receive.
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Contact and identification information, such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifiers, email address, account username and password, telephone number, insurance policy number, account name, social security number, signature, gender, driver's license number, physical characteristics, consumer status, and other similar identifiers.
- Driving and claims history, including information about any prior accidents or insurance claims.
- Vehicle information, such as a vehicle identification number (VIN), vehicle details, including any customizations, and vehicle photos.
- Financial identifiers, such as a bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or other financial information.
- Medical information, such as details involving the injuries sustained in a car accident, the treatment for such injuries, as well as health insurance information.
- Commercial information about consumer transactions and experiences with us and others, such as payment history, claims, coverage and vehicle changes.
- Website and app usage and device information, such as search and browsing history, online identifier(s), Internet Protocol address, search history, and information regarding how users interact with our websites, apps, and online advertisements.
- Location data. When a consumer agrees, we may collect information from their device about their physical location so they can use features like finding a nearby body shop.
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, such as recorded statements, photos of damaged vehicles, videos of accident locations, and calls made to our customer service centers, which may be recorded.
- Professional or employment-related information in the form of business contact information and education or employment history, which we only use as permitted by law.
- Job Applicant, Employee and Contractor information, in addition to information in the above categories, this information may include birth certificates (to validate dependents), passport numbers, access badge photos, background and screening data, health information (such as body temperature), protected class characteristics, and inferences drawn from the information we collect. This information is used in accordance with state and federal laws and is shared with our human-resources service providers.
We collect each of the above categories from a variety of sources, including:
- Directly from consumers–either online, by phone, or in person; antifraud, marketing, analytics, risk-assessment and other service providers; claimants; attorneys; auto dealerships; body shops; medical-field third-parties; our apps and websites; consumer or claimant insurers; police investigations (i.e. accident reports); fraud investigations; and other third-parties.
We collect each of the above categories of information for a variety of purposes, including:
- For our core business purposes, such as providing quotes for insurance, processing applications (either for insurance or for employment), establishing and servicing policies, claims handling, providing customer support, and furnishing other insurance services. For example, we use information to verify the driving history and information of our applicants; complete billing, payment and reimbursement obligations; and prevent fraud.
- To assess and improve our product and service offerings, including the development of new products and services.
- To perform data analysis (including market and consumer search and analytics and trend analysis).
- To conduct marketing activities and communicate with you regarding products and services offered by ELMWOOD AGENCY and its partners.
- To have website and mobile app content (including advertising) delivered based on your ELMWOOD AGENCY browsing history.
- To enable you to interact with us through social media platforms.
- To detect and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activity.
- To maintain and enhance the security and safety of our systems, data, and workplace.
- To hire qualified employees and maintain our workforce.
- To comply with legal obligations and policies.
- To bring and defend claims.
- For other purposes as permitted by law or to which you consent.
We disclose all of the above categories of personal information to service providers that assist us in providing insurance-related services, which include offering quotes, processing applications (both employment and insurance), and claims handling. If you are involved in an accident with another insured individual, we may have to share your information for the permitted purpose of handling that incident. We may also have to share your information with our reinsurers, excess insurers, insurance-support organizations that help us detect and prevent fraud, state insurance departments and other governmental and law enforcement authorities (where required by law or to protect our legal interests or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities), with consumer reporting agencies as permitted by law, and if ordered by subpoena, search warrant or other court order. We may disclose personal information to service providers involved in our marketing, verification, data-processing, risk-assessment, security and antifraud efforts, and as required or permitted by federal or state law.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR TRANSACTIONS
We may collect Information about your transactions and experiences with us and others, such as your payment history, claims, coverage, and vehicle changes.
INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may receive Information about you from consumer reporting agencies, which provide us with motor vehicle reports, claim reports, and/or credit information where permitted by law. When you ask for a rate quotation, we may obtain credit information if permitted by applicable state law.
Our sales and service representatives do not have access to the details of your credit information. Other companies who view your credit report will not see the ELMWOOD AGENCY inquiry. It will be visible only to you. Our inquiry will not affect your credit score or credit rating. If you commit to purchase a policy with ELMWOOD AGENCY, we will also confirm your motor vehicle record and claims history. As permitted by law, we may also review your motor vehicle record, claims history, and/or credit information in connection with any renewal.
Your current location is only collected and used by us if you permit our services to do so. If you allow your location to be collected using a ELMWOOD AGENCY app, or with a browser, we will use this information to determine your estimated location. We use this information to distinguish your current location and not to identify you.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Note that we only do business in the State of New York. However, if you are a resident of Arizona, California, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, or Virginia, you have the right to request access to and correction of the personal information that we have collected from or about you. To do so, simply contact ELMWOOD AGENCY's customer service department. If you'd like to correct information that you provided to us, our representative will make the appropriate adjustments to ELMWOOD AGENCY's records. If you wish to correct personal information provided to ELMWOOD AGENCY by a third party (such as a credit rating agency) the representative will provide you with the applicable third party's contact information. Upon the request of residents of other states, we will take reasonable steps to verify the accuracy of the personal information in our records.
THE INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
The Information collected about our customers, former customers, applicants, and employees, will only be disclosed as permitted or required by law.
For our customers and former customers, the majority of this collected Information is maintained in your policy and/or claims records. We use this Information to process and service your policy; to settle claims; with your consent; or as directed by you.
Following are some examples of how we may disclose Information:
- We must exchange Information about you with our agents, investigators, appraisers, attorneys, and other persons who are or will become involved in processing your application and servicing your policy or any claims you may make.
- We disclose your Information to persons or organizations as necessary to perform transactions you request or authorize.
- When you are involved in a claim, policy information is provided to adjusters and the businesses that will repair your vehicle.
- We may share Information with persons or organizations that we have determined need the Information to perform a business, professional, or insurance function for us. These include businesses that help us with administrative functions. If the law in your state permits, we may share Information with financial institutions with which we have a joint-marketing agreement. All of these entities are obligated to keep the Information that we provide to them confidential and to use the Information only for the purpose for which the Information was provided.
- Information may be provided to organizations conducting actuarial research or audits. In this case, you will not be individually identified in any research report. The organization must agree not to redisclose the Information and the Information will be returned to us or destroyed when it is no longer needed.
- We may also share your Information for other permitted purposes, including:
- with another insurance company if you are involved in an accident with their insured
- with our reinsurers
- with insurance-support organizations that detect and prevent fraud
- among the ELMWOOD AGENCY companies listed below and other subsidiaries of ELMWOOD AGENCY Corporation to offer you additional products and services
- with consumer reporting agencies as permitted by law
- with medical professionals or institutions to verify coverage or conduct operations or services audits
- with state insurance departments or other governmental or law enforcement authorities if required by law or to protect our legal interests or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities
- if ordered by a subpoena, search warrant or other court order or mandatory government or law enforcement process
- if necessary to defend our legal rights, or protect our employees or customers
- in the event of a business transaction involving the sale of all of or a portion of our business or assets in which case we will comply with applicable laws regarding notice and consent in such transfers
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We restrict access to your Information to employees who we have determined need it to provide products or services to you. We train our employees to safeguard customer information, and we require them to sign confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements. We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Information from unauthorized access by third parties.
Information about our former customers and about individuals who have obtained quotes from us is safeguarded to the same extent as Information about our current policyholders.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR OUR WEBSITE USERS
We continuously improve Elmwood Agency.com. We are interested in how visitors use our website, what they like and dislike, and where they encounter problems. We may gather data on how users navigate our site so we can make Elmwood Agency.com an easier place to do business. We use various tools to gather data such as what browser a person uses or even what pages are most popular. We may also use this data, in aggregated or anonymized form, to offer you content, products, or services we hope will interest you.
Elmwood Agency.com may also place small pieces of computer code (embedded objects) on our pages to help our advertising partners count how many customers they referred to our site. We may use these objects to track how many referred customers actually get a rate quotation. We may also use objects placed on other sites to monitor your exposure to our advertising or other offers online. These objects generally collect device identifiers, IP addresses, and similar identifiers, but do not collect things like your name or contact information. You can opt out of our advertising service provider(s) and other companies' tracking cookies used for interest-based ads by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance's aboutads.info choices page.
This policy can be accessed in an alternative format by contacting a ELMWOOD AGENCY representative at 585-329-2049.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE PRIVACY OR SECURITY CONCERNS
If you have a concern about privacy or security at ELMWOOD AGENCY, we want to hear about it by mail or email.
Please write to us at:
Elmwood Agency Corp.
280 East Broad St. Suite 110
Rochester, NY 14604
or email us at email@example.com.